All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering an introduction to the mangle, this book presents empirical studies that demonstrate the mangle's applicability to topics as diverse as pig farming, Chinese medicine, economic theory and domestic-violence policing.
- Author BiographyAndrew Pickering is a professor in the Department of Sociology and Philosophy at the University of Exeter. He is the author of The Mangle of Practice: Time, Agency, and Science and Constructing Quarks: A Sociological History of Particle Physics and the editor of Science as Practice and Culture.Keith Guzik is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Bloomfield College in Bloomfield, New Jersey.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2009
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleScience and Cultural Theory
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note3 photographs
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAndrew Pickering,Keith Guzik
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.49Trending at £4.83
- £4.24Trending at £4.53
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £7.62Trending at £10.49
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.