All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £21.99Trending at £26.90
- £22.69Trending at £24.69
- £14.49Trending at £14.99
- £25.15Trending at £26.91
- £9.49Trending at £10.49
- £18.64Trending at £19.99
- £13.33Trending at £14.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a convenient, alphabetized reference work that deals comprehensively with the demands of caring for historic musical instruments.
- Author BiographyStewart Pollens served between 1976 and 2006 as the conservator of musical instruments at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where he restored and maintained a collection of over five thousand instruments. He is the author of over eighty scholarly articles and four books, including Forgotten Instruments (1980), The Violin Forms of Antonio Stradivari (1992), The Early Pianoforte (1995; reprinted 2009), Giuseppe Guarneri del Gesu (1998), Francois-Xavier Tourte: Bow Maker (2001), and Stradivari (2010), which won a 2011 Choice award for 'Outstanding Academic Title'. In 1997 he was the recipient of the American Musical Instrument Society's Nicholas Bessaraboff Prize for The Early Pianoforte, a study of the invention and early history of the pianoforte. He is also a contributor to The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians and writes frequently for The Strad.
- Author(s)Stewart Pollens
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note62 b/w illus. 12 tables
- Weight1160 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.