All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.22Trending at £23.57
- £13.74Trending at £18.33
- £16.22Trending at £20.30
- £12.65Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.65
- £12.49Trending at £13.91
- £15.56Trending at £16.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis well-illustrated study investigates the symbolic dimensions of painted maps as products of ambitious early modern European courts.
- Author BiographyMark Rosen is Assistant Professor of Aesthetic Studies at the University of Texas, Dallas. A specialist in the art and cartography of early modern Europe, he has published work in The Art Bulletin, Oud Holland, Nuncius, and the Mitteilungen des Kunsthistorischen Institutes in Florenz. He was formerly a Fellow of the Medici Archive Project at the Archivio di Stato in Florence, and he has held fellowships from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Kress Foundation.
- PrizesWinner of Sixteenth Century Society & Conference Gerald Strauss Book Prize 2014.
- Author(s)Mark Rosen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note91 b/w illus. 8 colour illus.
- Weight790 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.