CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £24.45Trending at £27.17
- £7.65Trending at £9.93
- £4.45Trending at £5.19
- £14.59Trending at £18.93
- £6.34Trending at £6.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.94
About this product
- DescriptionLieutenant Michael Fitton, his captain and the rest of the crew of the armed schooner Gipsy, have been captured by the French. But help is at hand in the guise of a charming Creole girl who offers Fitton a brief chance of regaining his freedom, but will he be able to avoid the many dangers that lay in wait for him?
- Author BiographyShowell Styles was born Frank Showell Styles in 1908. His childhood was spent in the Welsh hills and he became an avid mountaineer and explorer. During the war, Styles joined the Navy and was posted in the Mediterranean, but even there he walked and climbed as much as he could. An aspiring writer, Styles already had articles published in Punch, before setting out toe make his living as an author. His first novel, Traitor's Mountain, was a murder mystery set on and around Tryfan in Wales. He became a prolific writer with over 160 books published. As well as books on mountains such as The Mountaineer's Weekend Book, he wrote detective fiction under the pseudonym of Glyn Carr, and humorous pieces as C.L. Inker. Showell Styles died in 2005.
- Author(s)Showell Styles F.R.G.S.
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Lieutenant Michael Fitton Adventures
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.