Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook Two of Rumi's Masnavi is concerned with the challenges facing the follower of Sufi enlightenment. It interweaves stories and homilies in order to instruct followers of Rumi, the great thirteenth-century Muslim mystic. Jawid Mojaddedi's sparkling new verse translation follows his prize-winning edition of Book One.
- Author BiographyJawid Mojaddedi is a native of Afghanistan, and read Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Manchester. He has taught Arabic and Islamic Studies at the Universities of Manchester and Exeter, and served as an editor o fEncyclopaedia Iranica at the Center for Iranian Studies, Columbia University. His most recent publication is Beyond Dogma: Rumi's Teachings on Friendship with God and Early Sufi Theories (OUP, 2012). Mr. Mojaddedi was also made a National Endowment for the Arts Literature Translation Fellow for 2014-2015.
- Author(s)Jalal al-Din Rumi
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2008
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight247 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byDr Jawid Mojaddedi
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £109.37
- £12.41Trending at £14.81
- £6.26Trending at £6.51
- £4.95Trending at £7.99
- £16.53Trending at £18.99
- £6.36Trending at £8.31
- £5.81Trending at £6.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.