All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £8.80Was:£9.99Free postage
- £8.74Was:£9.99Free postage
- £13.17Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionBook Two of Rumi's Masnavi is concerned with the challenges facing the follower of Sufi enlightenment. It interweaves stories and homilies in order to instruct followers of Rumi, the great thirteenth-century Muslim mystic. Jawid Mojaddedi's sparkling new verse translation follows his prize-winning edition of Book One.
- Author BiographyJawid Mojaddedi is a native of Afghanistan, and read Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Manchester. He has taught Arabic and Islamic Studies at the Universities of Manchester and Exeter, and served as an editor o fEncyclopaedia Iranica at the Center for Iranian Studies, Columbia University. His most recent publication is Beyond Dogma: Rumi's Teachings on Friendship with God and Early Sufi Theories (OUP, 2012). Mr. Mojaddedi was also made a National Endowment for the Arts Literature Translation Fellow for 2014-2015.
- Author(s)Jalal al-Din Rumi
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2008
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight247 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byDr Jawid Mojaddedi
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.71Trending at £8.78
- £13.75Trending at £15.19
- £10.22Trending at £13.57
- £7.42Trending at £9.97
- £7.52Trending at £7.68
- £11.78Trending at £14.93
- £6.74Trending at £8.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.