Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.16
- £9.24Trending at £9.34
- £26.45Trending at £27.94
- £14.51Trending at £17.08
- £18.89Trending at £20.40
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £18.40Trending at £20.01
About this product
- DescriptionReaders will learn about the challenges that confront the Earth today, and how mathematics and mathematicians contribute to a better understanding of some of these challenges.
- Author BiographyHans Kaper is an applied mathematician interested in the mathematics of physical systems. Dr Kaper spent most of his professional career at Argonne National Laboratory and is currently affiliated with Georgetown University. He is Co-Director of the Mathematics and Climate Research Network (www.mathclimate.org), an NSF-funded virtual organization developing the mathematics needed to better understand the Earth's climate system. He is a Corresponding Member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Sciences and a Fellow of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). He is the (co-)author of five books and more than 100 articles in refereed journals. His latest book, Mathematics and Climate (co-authored with Hans Engler), received the 2013 Choice Award from the Atmospheric Science Librarians International. Christiane Rousseau, a specialist in dynamical systems, is a Professor at the University of Montreal. Throughout her career, she has combined an active research program with numerous outreach activities, giving lectures at schools, organizing mathematics camps for students, and contributing articles to mathematical magazines. She was President of the Canadian Mathematical Society (2002-2004) and Vice President of the International Mathematical Union (2011-2014). During her term as Director of the Centre de recherches mathematiques (CRM) she conceived the idea of 'Mathematics of Planet Earth 2013' (MPE2013). The initiative then became an international year under the patronage of UNESCO.
- Author(s)Christiane Rousseau,Hans G. Kaper
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.