All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho better to take on the challenge than the talented story-teller Simon Winchester? This book charts the life of the OED leading up to the appointment of the first editor, James Murray, in 1879, through to the OED's publication in 1928 and beyond. It is useful for those with an interest in language and words.
- Author BiographySimon Winchester is the author of the bestsellers The Map That Changed the World, The Madman and the Professor, and Krakatoa. He was a foreign correspondent for The Guardian and The Sunday Times and was based in Belfast, New Delhi, New York, London and Hong Kong. Winchester has written for Conde Nast Traveler, Smithsonian, and National Geographic. He lives in Massachusetts, New York, and the Western Isles of Scotland.
- Author(s)Simon Winchester
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2003
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date19/07/2006
- Content Notenumerous halftones
- Weight602 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £14.99Trending at £18.62
- £7.99Trending at £9.99
- £13.23Trending at £15.89
- £4.54Trending at £4.64
- £8.90Trending at £12.49
- £11.20Trending at £12.08
- £9.09Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.