The Medical Book: From Witch Doctors to Robot Surgeons, 250 Milestones in the History of Medicine by Clifford A. Pickover (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £11.59Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTouching on such diverse subspecialties as genetics, pharmacology, neurology, sexology and immunology, the author intersperses obvious historical milestones; the Hippocratic Oath, general anesthesia, the Human Genome Project, with unexpected and intriguing topics like truth serum, the use of cocaine in eye surgery and face transplants.
- Author BiographyInternationally renowned author Clifford Pickover has published more than 40 books, translated into over a dozen languages. He is an associate editor for several journals and the author of over 200 articles on various subjects. Dr. Pickover received his PhD from Yale University's Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. He holds over 80 US patents for inventions dealing with computing technologies and interfaces and his website, pickover.com, has received millions of visits.
- Author(s)Clifford A. Pickover
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs
- Width185 mm
- Height215 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.