All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding dramatic first-hand accounts of the activities of the IRA in Clare during the War of Independence and the Civil War, this book adds missing voices to the Irish revolutionary narrative, especially from the anti-Treaty IRA who were unwilling to engage with the 'Free-Staters' in the Bureau of Military History.
- Author BiographyErnie O'Malley was a medical student in Dublin when the 1916 Rising broke out. Although initially indifferent, he soon came to sympathise with the Republican viewpoint and joined the Irish Volunteers, later to become the IRA. He quickly rose through the ranks and was soon organising the IRA around the country, reporting directly to Michael Collins and Richard Mulcahy. Padraig Og O Ruairc, originally from Co. Clare, lives in Co. Cork and works for the OPW. He has published extensively on the revolution in Ireland, most notably 'Revolution: A Photographic History of Revolutionary Ireland 1913-23'.
- PublisherThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Series TitleErnie O'Malley Series
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Content Note40 Illustrations, black and white
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edited byPadraig Og O Ruairc
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.24Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £34.21Trending at £37.48
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.