Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.90Trending at £15.99
- £8.13Trending at £8.93
- £25.45Trending at £26.50
- £26.30Trending at £27.70
- £17.99Trending at £19.46
- £7.47Trending at £8.08
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe stigma attached to mental health and the social barriers that surround it amplify its direct effects and damage the life chances of people with mental health problems. This title provides an introduction and background information highlighting the need to tackle Mental Health in primary schools.
- Author BiographyBelinda was the lead consultant for emotional health and wellbeing with Gloucestershire County Council Health and Wellbeing Team. During that time, she developed many guidance packs for schools and other settings. A number of topics were covered including bereavement, domestic abuse and bullying. Belinda provided training for staff on how to support the mental and emotional wellbeing of children and young people. She also wrote the universal strand of the county strategy on wellbeing. She is a member of the national training team for Mental Health First Aid England and is passionate about raising awareness and reducing stigma and discrimination against those who experience mental health problems. Her firm belief is that if mental health is discussed more openly with younger children, society would not be quite so judgemental in its views of mental health in the future, therefore this book has been developed to provide teachers with a starting point. Belinda runs her own business, delivering training and developing resources and combines this with a part time practice nurse position which maintains her contact with people and utilises her skills.
- Author(s)Belinda Heaven
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2012
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach to Inspire
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.