All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £7.96Was:£9.99Free postage
- £7.65Was:£9.99Free postage
- £9.73Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionAn exquisitely written and illustrated traditional Cornish folk-tale that captures all the mystery and magic of mermaids.
- Author BiographyCharles Causley was born in Cornwall, and apart from six years spent in the Royal Navy during the Second World War, lived there all his life. He was one of Britain's foremost poets, writing for both adults and children. He was awarded the Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry in 1967 and appointed CBE in 1986. In 1987 he won the Kurt Maschler Award for Jack the Treacle Eater and in 1990 the Ingersoll/T.S. Eliot Award of America. Charles Causley died in 2003. Michael Foreman was born in the fishing village of Pakefield in Suffolk. At age 15 he went to study at the Lowestoft School of Art, later moving to the Royal College of Art where he won a scholarship to the US. Michael has illustrated well over 100 books for children, including work by Roald Dahl, Michael Morpurgo and Angela Carter. He has won the Kate Greenaway Medal, the Smarties Book Prize, the Kurt Maschler Award and the Children's Book Award. Michael lives in London and regularly visits St. Ives, Cornwall.
- Author(s)Charles Causley,Michael Coleman
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- GenrePicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrchard Books
- Content Notechiefly col. ill
- Weight220 g
- Width252 mm
- Height268 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Foreman
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £4.69Trending at £5.23
- £17.18Trending at £17.38
- £3.78Trending at £4.99
- £3.59Trending at £5.07
- £2.81Trending at £5.49
- £9.60Trending at £12.08
- £9.48Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.