All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work presents, elaborates, and illustrates what is arguably the most important concept in the social sciences: power. It presents numerous illustrations and case studies at local, meso, and macro levels, showing how meta-powering is mobilized and operates in different contexts.
- Author BiographyTom R. Burns is Professor Emeritus at Uppsala University (Sweden), Visiting Scholar, Woods Institute, Stanford University, and Senior Research Associate at ISCTE, Lisbon. He is a widely recognized social theorist and researcher and one of the founding members of the Millennium Alliance for Humanity and the Biosphere (MAHB). Peter M. Hall is Affiliate Professor of Sociology at Colorado State University and Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of Missouri. His areas of interest include political sociology, radical movements, organizations and work, policy processes, social theory, science, and the environment. He has served as editor of the journal Symbolic Interaction and president of the Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction. He received the Society's George Herbert Mead Award for career contributions in 1994.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byPeter M. Hall,Tom R. Burns
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.93
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.