Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £40.93
- £20.00Trending at £36.27
- £56.83Trending at £57.77
- £29.96Trending at £35.99
- £25.67Trending at £26.95
- £27.26Trending at £29.68
About this product
- Author(s)William H. Waller
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2013
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note32 color illus. 44 halftones. 49 line illus. 2 tables.
- Weight709 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface vii Chapter 1: First Impressions 1 Chapter 2: Historic Perceptions 10 Chapter 3: Panchromatic Vistas 53 Chapter 4: Neighbors of the Sun 82 Chapter 5: Beacons from Afar 102 Chapter 6: Star Birth 127 Chapter 7: Lives of the Stars 148 Chapter 8: Stellar Afterlives 171 Chapter 9: The Galactic Garden 194 Chapter 10: Monster in the Core 221 Chapter 11: Tales of Origin 236 Chapter 12: Life in the Milky Way 251 Glossary 277 Notes 295 Selected Readings 303 Index 311
- Author BiographyWilliam H. Waller is an astronomer, science educator, and writer. He lives with his family in Rockport, Massachusetts, where he can still see the Milky Way on dark moonless nights.
- PrizesShort-listed for SkyNews Best Astronomy Books of the Year 2013, chosen by SkyNews editor, Terence Dickinson 2013.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.