Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.72Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by monster_bookshop
- Est. delivery by 2 Oct
- £3.00+ £1.35 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cherrypicked02
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story of Helen Keller and Annie Sullivan, THE MIRACLE WORKER is a gripping and inspiring story of the battle to overcome impossible obstacles and the struggle to communicate. As a young girl, Helen Keller (a brilliant Patty Duke) is stricken with scarlet fever. The illness leaves her blind, mute, and deaf. Sealed off from the world, Helen cannot communicate with anyone, nor anyone with her. Often frustrated and desperate, Helen flies into uncontrollable rages and tantrums that terrify her hopeless family. The gifted teacher Annie Sullivan (Anne Bancroft) comes to help the little girl understand the world from which she is isolated, freeing Helen Keller from her internal prison forever. Under Arthur Penn's controlled direction, Bancroft and Duke deliver unforgettable, flawless performances. The screenplay for THE MIRACLE WORKER was written by William Gibson, who also wrote the book.
- Leading Role 1Anne Bancroft
- Director 1Arthur Penn
- Leading Role 2Patty Duke Astin
- Leading Role 3Victor Jory
- Additional Roles byAndrew Prine,Inga Swenson,Kathleen Comegys
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2004
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time102 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- butterfly10_410 May, 2016by
i enjoyed the cd
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- mummysbigsoldie...18 Apr, 2016by
Wonderful and heart warming
Fabulous true story wonderfully acted particularly by child actress Patti Duke a new Anne Bancroft
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- vshone07 Jun, 2014by
This film is an informative life changer that will blow you away, 100 STARS
I saw this film when I was a young boy. In those days I was into westerns war films and science fiction. In fact anything that involved lots of action and visual stimulants rather like my first ever girlfriend. When my Dad told me he wanted me to stay up later than normal on a school night to watch a particular film I was astounded. When he told me it was about a blind and deaf girl I stated I would rather have gone to bed. What transpired as a direct result of this film actually changed my life. The film blew me away. The acting was something that I had never seen before. It was like I was invited into the room with the actors and allowed to watch their most intimate moments. I will not spoil the film by telling you what happens, but to say that you experience feelings such as despair and horror to feelings of triumph and the best aspects of human nature would be an understatement. As a result of this film I learnt sign language and acually met and married a profoundly deaf girl who after decades of a happy marriage I love more than I did the day I married her. This film has a lot to answer for, not least for the fantastic film it is but is truly an informative life changer. Please buy it and watch it. Best regards and have a lovely day. Vic Shone. Read full review
- forgetmenotblue...11 Jan, 2013by
WONDERFUL FACT BASED FILM.ALL ADULTS AND CHILDREN SHOULD WATCH THIS.
TRUE STORIES ARE ALWAYS MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.A VERY MOVING WONDERFUL FILM TO WATCH AND ALSO VERY IMPORTANT AS A HISTORY OF THE CARE AND UNDERSTANDING LACKED IN THOSE TIMES.I WILL WATCH IT AGAIN IN A FEW MONTHS.
- magicmaroy21 May, 2012by
excellent service i hope to buy from this seller again.
i believe this film was based on a true story. brillant film i would give it a 5 star. worth watching. its a old film. but some of the older films are best. thanks again mr houghton.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.49Trending at £6.99
- £3.99Trending at £4.46
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £14.95Trending at £24.98
- £5.50Trending at £6.16
- £4.85Trending at £6.99
- £26.49Trending at £47.50