Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.95+ £7.90 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by fatlip74
- See details for delivery est.
- £4.50+ £2.50 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by overlookfm
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn John Huston's drama, sophisticated but emotionally crippled Roslyn (Marilyn Monroe, giving what many believe to be her strongest performance) has come to Nevada to gain a quick and easy divorce. When her landlady introduces her to aging, broken cowboy Gay Langland (Clark Gable), she finally finds herself with a worthy partner. Meanwhile, Gay and his fellow horsemen Guido and Perce (Eli Wallach and Montgomery Clift, respectively) scheme to capture a herd of wild horses. Though megawatt star power and a brilliant script by Arthur Miller failed to turn THE MISFITS into box office success (probably due a legendarily troubled shoot), time and critical reputation treated it very kindly. It was the final film for icons Gable and Monroe.
- Leading Role 1Clark Gable
- Director 1John Huston
- Leading Role 2Montgomery Clift
- Leading Role 3Marilyn Monroe
- Additional Roles byEli Wallach,Kevin McCarthy,Thelma Ritter,Estelle Winwood
- ScreenwriterArthur Miller
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2001
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,Dutch,English,French,Italian,Norwegian,Spanish,Swedish
- Running Time120 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- lilyracine-ledo...08 Jun, 2017by
I hope to watch this movie soon..THANK YOU!...x
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- talzb0101 Feb, 2011by
I wanted this particular film of Marilyn Monroe because it was written by her last husband Arthur Miller whom based the story upon the true traits of Marilyn. One of the key factors of Marilyn's true personlity was her love and devotion towards animals and so the film is about Marilyn trying to prevent her lover from killing horses, and shows Marilyn in a distressed state when the horses are being tied down. Being an animal lover myself i have to be honest i found the film quite distressing as it is quite graphic in showing how they tie the horses down and i did have to fast forward the film. Although it is refreshing to see Marilyn act in a more serious role and using her true voice, not the sweet little girl voice she so frequently used in her roles. Its definaltly a film every Marilyn Monroe fan should have as its so unique in the sense of it was written by a person who knew Marilyn on a personal level and also Arthur Miller had used lines in the Film that Marilyn had said in real life. Read full review
- uruverita17 Feb, 2010by
This is a brillant film. Marilyn is lovely as always, and shows here very finely her great acting skills. Charming Cliff and Gable. The story, even if it was filmed in the 60s, is very very actual and modern.
- blondeanna8805 May, 2009by
An exellent film! Marilyn Monroe & Clark Gable give an amazing performance, along side Montgomery Clift & Thelma Ritter. A brilliant film!
- jenstephenson20...14 Feb, 2009by
The Misfits dvd
wanted it to complete my collection. Was a fantastic price wot a steel. Always been a big fan of Marilyn Monroe.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £16.85Trending at £19.48
- £8.99Trending at £12.99
- £19.57Trending at £21.21
- £8.97Trending at £13.00
- £12.99Trending at £13.82
- £12.98Trending at £28.48
- £9.99Trending at £13.21