All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.15
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £6.38Trending at £6.94
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £5.54Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's first critic: a newly discovered work of literary criticism from the 1590s, the most revolutionary decade in English literary history.
- Author BiographyGavin Alexander is a University Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of English at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Christ's College. His publications include Writing after Sidney: The Literary Response to Sir Philip Sidney, 1586-1640 (2006), Sidney's 'The Defence of Poesy' and Selected Renaissance Literary Criticism (2004), a co-edited volume, Renaissance Figures of Speech (2007), and numerous articles and book chapters on literary and musicological topics. He teaches at undergraduate and postgraduate level across a wide range of topics, from ancient to modern literature, with a particular emphasis on Renaissance literature, the history and theory of literary criticism, and textual studies. His online Renaissance palaeography course 'English Handwriting' is widely used around the world. In 2008 he was awarded a Pilkington Teaching Prize for excellence in teaching at the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)William Scott
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- GenreLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus.
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byGavin Alexander
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.