CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.75Trending at £50.87
- £24.36Trending at £25.35
- £9.07Trending at £10.01
- £14.41Trending at £15.79
- £18.55Trending at £19.53
- £12.98Trending at £14.49
- £10.94Trending at £15.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the modelling and analysis of the many types of ropes, linear fibre assemblies, with a focus on load extension behaviour. All the modelling is based on the Principle of Virtual Work and admissible modes of deformation.
- Author BiographyThe author graduated in aeronautical engineering from the Imperial College, London, and spent ten years with the Canadian Defence Research Board (DRB) working on various aspects of hypersonic dynamics and high speed impact. In this time he also studied at Toronto University for a MEng and PhD, sponsored by the DRB. He then went to Bristol University to work on the dynamics and aerodynamics of containers suspended below helicopters.The next position was at UMIST (University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology) as a lecturer and then as reader; at UMIST he was initially involved with impact dynamics, applied to nets and body armour. This developed into liaison and collaboration with the Textile Department at UMIST and involvement into cable dynamics and ultimately ropes. He was awarded the DSc. (Applied Mechanics) by Imperial College.He was one of the directors involved in forming the company TTI (Tension Technology International Limited), and as a consultant was instrumental in undertaking various contracts in the modelling and assessment of rope mechanics and behaviour. He has since retired from UMIST and from TTI as a director but is still active as a consultant.
- Author(s)C.M. Leech
- Date of Publication27/11/2013
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSolid Mechanics and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number209
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note38 Illustrations, color; 41 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 123 p. 79 illus., 38 illus. in color.
- Weight374 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.