All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £13.83Trending at £15.25
- £9.66Trending at £15.17
- £9.50Trending at £17.19
- £7.68Trending at £10.11
- £11.79Trending at £17.19
- £8.16Trending at £14.35
- £9.55Trending at £11.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Montaukett were among the first tribes to establish relations with the English in the seventeenth century. Focusing on the issues of land tenure in the relations between the English and the Montaukett, this book explores issues of cultural assimilation, political and social tensions, and patterns of economic dependency among the Montaukett.
- Author BiographyJohn A. Strong is professor emeritus of history at the Southampton College of Long Island University. He is the author of The Alogonquin Peoples of Long Island from Earliest Times to 1700, and his articles have appeared in Ethnohistory, American Indian Culture and Research Journal, The Encyclopedia of North American Indians, and The Encyclopedia of New York State.
- Author(s)John A. Strong
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleIroquois & Their Neighbors S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note17 black-&-white illustrations, 3 maps, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.