Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a new approach to gender and its effects on morphosyntax. Using data from genetically diverse languages such as Amharic, Somali, and Romanian, it provides one of the first large-scale, cross-linguistically-oriented, theoretical approaches to the word and sentence structure effects of gender.
- Author BiographyRuth Kramer is Assistant Professor of Linguistics at Georgetown University. She received her doctorate in 2009 from the University of California, Santa Cruz. Her research focuses on the syntax-morphology interface, especially phi features, clitics, and agreement, and she also specializes in the morphosyntax of the Ethiosemitic language Amharic. Her publications include articles in Lingua, Language Sciences, The Journal of Afroasiatic Languages, Syntax, Linguistic Inquiry, and Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- Author(s)Ruth Kramer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- Series TitleOxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number58
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight460 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.