Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.90Trending at £27.01
- £17.75Trending at £25.00
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £12.18Trending at £17.98
- £29.05Trending at £43.85
- £36.54Trending at £71.99
- £40.76Trending at £65.00
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 1904 and the Great Depression, Circuit Chautauquas toured the rural US, reflecting and reinforcing its citizens' ideas, attitudes, and politics every summer through music, lectures, dramas, orations and special programs for children. This book reveals the Circuit Chautauquas as performances that created and unified small-town America.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Canning is an associate professor in the Department of Theatre and Dance at the University of Texas at Austin. The author of Feminist Theaters in the U.S.A.: Staging Women's Experience, she has also published numerous articles on theatre history.
- Author(s)Charlotte M. Canning
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2005
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Out-of-print date22/07/2015
- Content Note134 photos, 3 darwings & 1 map
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.