All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Most Precious Possession: The Ring of Polycrates in Ancient Religious Narratives examines variations on this ring motif as they appear in ancient religious texts, including the Gospel of Matthew, Jewish Midrash and Talmud, and Augustine's City of God.
- Author BiographyEliezer Segal holds degrees from McGill University (BA in philosophy and Jewish studies) and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (MA in Talmud; PhD in Talmud). Since 1986 he has been a member of the Religious Studies Department at the University of Calgary where he holds the rank of Full Professor, teaching courses in Western religions, especially Juda--ism. His principal research interests are in Rabbinic Judaism and Jewish scriptural interpretation. He was awarded the Helen and Stan Vine Annual Canadian Jewish Book Award for 2005. Eliezer Segal is the author of seventeen published volumes, including scholarly monographs such as The Babylonian Esther Midrash (1994) and From Sermon to Commentary: Expounding the Bible in Talmudic Babylonia (2005), textbooks such as Introducing Judaism (2008) and Reading Jewish Religious Texts (2012), as well as collections of articles for non-specialist audiences and a children's book. He has also contributed dozens of articles and book reviews to scholarly journals and collections in addition to numerous oral presentations.
- Author(s)Eliezer Segal
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number343
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight410 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £7.98
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £8.72Trending at £10.98
- £30.68Trending at £41.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.