CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- Author(s)John Carter Wood
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- GenreTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content NoteHalftones, black & white
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of key figures involved in the Pace case Introduction 1 The 'Fetter Hill mystery': the strange death of Harry Pace 2 'Where there are so many cruel tongues': investigations and accusations 3 'I cannot tell you, sir - I cannot tell you': mysteries and circumstances 4 'Easing the burden of the tragic widow': the making of 'Mrs Pace' 5 'Every wife in the country has opportunity': the 'tragic widow' on trial 6 'The matter is dead': a new life and some old shadows 7 '18 years of hell': gender, marriage and violence 8 'Unimaginable agonies and degradations and cruelties': justice, politics and poverty 9 'Those who have had trouble can sympathise with you': Mrs Pace and her public Conclusion Postscript Bibliography Index -- .
- Author BiographyJohn Carter Wood is a researcher at the Leibniz Institute of European History in Mainz, Germany and a Visiting Research Fellow at The Open University -- .
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.