All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £5.90Trending at £11.68
- £6.58Trending at £7.05
- £14.01Trending at £20.58
- £14.56Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £11.94Trending at £20.15
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis first biography of John Erskine views him in the larger contexts of the mass culture and expanded commercialism that helped propel his fame. It also relates a life narrative that demonstrates perils of academic celebrity along a conceptual path from public intellectual to pop icon.
- Author BiographyKatherine Elise Chaddock is a professor in the College of Education, University of South Carolina, and the author of numerous published works on the history of American higher education. Among her previous books include: Visions and Vanities: John Andrew Rice of Black Mountain College; (with Susan Schramm) A Separate Sisterhood: Women Who Shaped Education in the Progressive Era; and (with Carolyn Matalene) Vital Signs in Charleston, Carolina Voices, and College of Charleston Voices.
- Author(s)Katherine Elise Chaddock
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- GenreBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note6 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 255 p. 6 illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.