All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.43Trending at £9.07
- £9.98Trending at £13.99
- £6.35Trending at £6.57
- £12.21Trending at £12.67
- £12.58Trending at £14.88
- £7.49Trending at £7.78
- £11.98Trending at £13.48
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes two plays retelling ancient Greek dramas: The Murders at Argos retells the Oreseia story with Orestes and Electra as murderous teens; and Cressida Among the Greeks takes place during the last days of the Trojan War.
- Author BiographyDAVID FOLEY's plays include Nance O'Neil, Paradise, Sad Hotel, Cressida Among the Greeks, Suffering the Witch, The Last Days of Madalyn Murray O'Hair in Exile, and many others, including the Edgar-nominated thriller Deadly Murder. Three of his plays were produced at New York's Ohio Theater and several more at the Access Theater with Blue Coyote Theater Group. Among his other productions, Cressida and A Hole in the Fence appeared at the White Bear Theatre in London, and Suffering the Witch at Theatre de Poche in Brussels under the title American Witch. He has an MFA in Fiction Writing from New York University, where he now teaches. Born in Eleusis, he served in the army, was wounded at Marathon (490BC) and probably fought at Salamis (480). His plays include: The Persians, Seven Against Thebes, Prometheus Bound, SUppliants and the Oresteia, which comprises three plays about the murder of Agamemnon and its consequences and was his last great success on the Athenian stage (458).
- Author(s)David Foley
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Playwrights
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight200 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.