All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at the role played by music that is passed on orally without the use of notation, in the folk, popular and art musics of North America. This title argues that without the broad underlying oral repertoire of folk music, many musical styles would not possess their distinctive rhythmic and melodic content.
- Author BiographyAnne Dhu McLucas, was Professor of Music and Dean Emerita of the School of Music and Dance, University of Oregon, USA.
- Author(s)Anne Dhu McLucas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2011
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSEMPRE Studies in the Psychology of Music
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 1 b&w illustration, 2 music examples and an accompanying CD
- Weight456 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Graham Welch
- Contained items statementContains 1 Book and 1 CD-Audio
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.90Trending at £5.10
- £7.98Trending at £9.81
- £5.08Trending at £6.76
- £7.25Trending at £7.97
- £3.89Trending at £6.99
- £16.02Trending at £21.98
- £11.65Trending at £16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.