All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.33Trending at £23.90
- £66.16Trending at £92.81
- £9.68Trending at £10.05
- £14.25Trending at £14.98
- £16.59Trending at £25.28
- £22.22Trending at £23.50
- £10.38Trending at £10.88
About this product
- DescriptionFor three forces competing for political authority in France during World War II, music became the site of a cultural battle that reflected the war itself. German occupying authorities promoted German music at the expense of French, while Vichy administration pursued projects of national renewal through culture. This book deals with these forces.
- Author BiographyLeslie A. Sprout is Associate Professor of Music at Drew University.
- Author(s)Leslie A. Sprout
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleCalifornia Studies in 20th-Century Music
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note5 b/w photographs, 7 tables, 22 music examples
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.