All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.81Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionAn esoteric study of the ancient mysteries and mystery centres.
- Author BiographyITA WEGMAN, MD (1876 - 1943) was co-responsible for founding Anthroposophical Medicine alongside Rudolf Steiner. Born in the Dutch East Indies, she trained in gymnastics and massage and later medicine. She founded the first anthroposophical medical clinic (now the Ita Wegman Clinic), created a gentle form of massage therapy (Rhythmical Massage), and developed a cancer treatment following indications from Steiner based on mistletoe (Iscador). She also founded a therapeutic home for mentally handicapped children (Haus Sonnenhof) and co-founded a pharmaceutical laboratory (Weleda) that is now a major producer of medicines and healthcare products. In 1923 Ita Wegman joined the Executive Council of the newly reformed Anthroposophical Society at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland, where she directed the Medical Section. Wegman and Steiner co-authored Extending Practical Medicine, which gives an introduction and theoretical basis to Anthroposophical Medicine. She is also the author of Esoteric Studies, The Michael Impulse.
- Author(s)Ita Wegman
- PublisherTemple Lodge Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTemple Lodge Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.