Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.98
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £9.88Trending at £11.14
- £11.32Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.62
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.24
About this product
- DescriptionThis history recounts the first 150 years of psychology. It situates the dynamic school in its catalytic place in history, reevaluates misunderstood figures and events, revisits the rift between clinical and experimental study, and covers other major topics.
- Author BiographyEugene Taylor holds the AB and MA in general experimental psychology and Asian studies from Southern Methodist University and the PhD in the history and philosophy of psychology from the University Professors Program at Boston University. He was a 1983 Lowell Lecturer for the Massachusetts Medical Society and the Boston Medical Library; the 1984 William James Lecturer on The Varieties of Religious Experience at Harvard Divinity School; and the 1986 Gardner Murphy Memorial Lecture for the American Society for Psychical Research. And for the past 18 years has given the annual Wilfred Gould Rice Lecture on Psychology and Religion for the Swedenborg Society at Harvard. He is a co-author with Benjamin White and Richard Wolfe of Stanley Cobb: Builder of the Modern Neurosciences (1984); and author of William James on Exceptional Mental States (1983); William James on Consciousness Beyond the Margin (1996) with Robert Wozniak (eds) Pure Experience: The Response to William James(1996); and forthcoming, William James and the Spiritual Roots of American Pragmatism His primary academic affiliation is at Saybrook Graduate School in San Francisco, a graduate program in distance learning for mid-career adults, where he is a member of the Executive Faculty. He is also a Lecturer on Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and functions as the Historian in Psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Eugene Taylor
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleLibrary of the History of Psychological Theories
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight763 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.