All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers you the lowdown on the strategies you need to make money from the stock market without having to sit at a screen all day. This edition contains: essential tips, key facts, ideas, insights, and real-life tales. It reveals the author's trading secrets gathered from ten years of money making.
- Author BiographyRobbie Burns has been a journalist and writer since he graduated from Harlow Journalism College in 1981. After starting life as a reporter and editor for various local newspapers, from 1988-1992 he was editor of ITV and Channel 4's teletext services. He also wrote ITV's daily teletext soap opera Park Avenue for 5 years. He then went on to freelance for various newspapers including The Independent and The Sun, and also helped set up a financial news service for CNN. In 1997, he became editor for BSkyB's teletext services and set up their shares and finance service. While there he also set up various entertainment phone lines in conjunction with BSkyB including a Buffy The Vampire Slayer phone line which made him nearly GBP250,000. He left full-time work in 2001 to trade and run his own businesses which included a cafe in London which he sold, doubling his money on the initial purchase. While at BSkyB, Robbie broadcast a diary of his share trades which became hugely popular. He transferred the diary to his website, www.nakedtrader.co.uk, which became one of the most read financial websites in the UK. Between 2002 and 2005, he wrote a column for The Sunday Times, 'My DIY Pension', featuring share buys and sells made for his pension fund which he runs himself in a SIPP. He managed to double the money in his pension fund from 40,000 to 80,000 in under three years as chronicled in the Sunday Times. By mid 2007, he doubled it again, reaching GBP165,000. Robbie now writes a weekly column for the leading financial website, ADVFN.com. Robbie has made a tax free profit of well over 500,000 from trading shares since 1999, and has made a profit every year, even during the market downturn of 2000-2002. Public trades made for his website have made more than GBP400,000. He lives in a riverside apartment on the Thames with his wife, Elizabeth, toddler son Christopher and cat Diddle. His hobbies include chess, running, swimming, horse racing, and trading shares from his bedroom, erm...naked. After all, he wouldn't be seen dead in a thong...
- Author(s)Robbie Burns
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication03/12/2007
- GenreMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- gazdabbs07 Apr, 2011by
An excellent book that provides a great overview for the beginner as well as tangible tools for investors.
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £10.59Trending at £11.86
- £4.79Trending at £6.99
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £6.24Trending at £7.97
- £29.59Trending at £38.16
- £38.90Trending at £59.86
- £5.62Trending at £8.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.