All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
About this product
- Author(s)G. K. Chesterton
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Content Noteline drawings
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Author BiographyG. K. Chesterton (1874-1936) was one of C. S. Lewis' primary mentors in apologetics, and an influence even in his conversion. Novelist, poet, essayist, and journalist, Chesterton was perhaps best known for his Father Brown detective stories. He produced more than 100 volumes in his lifetime, including biographies of St. Francis of Assisi and St. Thomas Aquinas. His Everlasting Man, which set out a Christian outline of history, was one of the factors that wore down Lewis' resistance to Christianity. Chesteron was one of the first defenders of orthodoxy to use humor as a weapon. Perhaps more important was his use of reason to defend faith.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.