Consider these sponsored items
- £23.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers readers Rolena Adorno and Patrick Charles Pautz's celebrated translation of Cabeza de Vaca's account of the 1527 Panfilo de Narvaez expedition to North America. This title tells the story of some of the first Europeans and the first-known African to encounter the North American wilderness and its Native inhabitants.
- Author BiographyRolena Adorno is the Reuben Post Halleck Professor of Spanish at Yale University and the author of several books, including Guaman Poma: Writing and Resistance in Colonial Peru. Patrick Charles Pautz holds an M.A. in Spanish from Princeton University and is an independent scholar. Adorno and Pautz coauthored Alvar Nunez Cabeza de Vaca: His Account, His Life, and the Expedition of Panfilo de Narvaez (Nebraska 1999), winner of the American Historical Association's 2001 J. Franklin Jameson Award, the Western Historical Association's 2000 Dwight L. Smith Award, and the New England Council of Latin American Studies 2000 Best Book Award.
- Author(s)Alvar Nunez Cabeza de Vaca
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus., maps
- Weight431 g
- Edited byPatrick Charles Pautz,Rolena Adorno
- Translated byRolena Adorno,Patrick Charles Pautz
- Introduction byPatrick Charles Pautz,Rolena Adorno
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £16.51Trending at £18.83
- £19.81Trending at £42.96
- £4.55Trending at £6.45
- £14.76Trending at £25.98
- £9.59Trending at £12.26
- £7.08Trending at £8.31
- £8.64Trending at £13.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.