Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.70Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.89Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a range of dimensions, perspectives, and controversies of the last two decades on the question of the nation in India. This title looks at the form of the Indian nation in terms of contests, contradictions, classes, and nationalist strategies of inclusion and exclusion.
- Author BiographyRanabir Samaddar is the Director of the Calcutta Research Group, Kolkata, and belongs to the school of critical thinking. He has worked extensively on issues of justice and rights in the context of conflicts in South Asia. Samaddar's particular researches have spread over a wide area comprising migration and refugee studies, the theory and practices of dialogue, nationalism and postcolonial statehood in South Asia, and new regimes of technological restructuring and labour control. His recent political writings The Emergence of the Political Subject (2009) and The Nation Form (2012) have signalled a new turn in critical postcolonial thinking and have challenged some of the prevailing accounts of the birth of nationalism and the nation state.
- Author(s)Ranabir Samaddar
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2012
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.