Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.49
- £8.47Trending at £14.98
- £15.01Trending at £16.87
- £13.77Trending at £19.98
- £31.44Trending at £52.14
- £11.27Trending at £18.04
- £12.58Trending at £19.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis learned and engaging study casts new light on the nature of religion in pre-Islamic Iran.
- Author BiographyPatricia Crone is Mellon Professor of Islamic History, School of Historical Studies, Institute of Advanced Study, Princeton. Her numerous publications include Slaves on Horses: The Evolution of the Islamic Polity (1980, 2003), God's Caliph: Religious Authority in the First Centuries of Islam, coauthored with Martin Hinds (1986, 2003), Pre-Industrial Societies: Anatomy of the Pre-Modern World (1989, 2003) and God's Rule: Government and Islam: Six Centuries of Medieval Islamic Political Thought (2005).
- PrizesWinner of Central Eurasian Studies Society Book Award 2013 and American Historical Association James Henry Breasted Prize 2013 and Middle East Studies Association Houshang Pourshariati Book Award in Iranian Studies 2013 and Albert Hourani Book Award 2013 and British-Kuwait Friendship Society Prize in Middle Eastern Studies 2013.
- Author(s)Patricia Crone
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Notemaps (black and white)
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.