All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Neutral ( le neutre) escapes or undoes the paradigmatic binary oppositions that structure and produce meaning in Western thought and discourse. This book centers around 23 figures, also referred to as traits or twinklings, that are possible embodiments of the Neutral or of the anti-Neutral.
- Author BiographyRoland Barthes was one of the most influential critics and philosophers of the twentieth century. His works include Mythologies, S/Z, A Lover's Discourse, and Camera Lucida.Rosalind Krauss is University Professor of Modern Art and Theory at Columbia University. She is the author of The Optical Unconscious, Formless: A User's Guide, The Picasso Papers, and Bachelors, among other works.Denis Hollier is Professor of French Literature at New York University. He is the editor of A New History of French Literature and the author of Absent Without Leave: French Literature Under the Threat of War.
- Author(s)Roland Barthes
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2007
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleEuropean Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight553 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Translated byRosalind Krauss,Denis Hollier
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £9.96Trending at £12.78
- £32.42Trending at £35.23
- £23.37Trending at £23.74
- £10.03Trending at £15.50
- £15.45Trending at £15.67
- £11.02Trending at £11.25
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.