All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Kiran Klaus Patel
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2017
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAmerica in the World
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments viiAbbreviations xiPrologue 1Chapter 1A Global Crisis 10A Fragile Boom 10The Crisis and Its Origins 24Chapter 2In Search of New Beginnings 45Setting Stages 45Many New Deals 56Planning and Mobilization 90Chapter 3Into the Vast External Realm 121Gold, Silver, and Other Bombs 121Good Neighbors 139Borders, Hard and Soft 171Chapter 4Redefining Boundaries 190Deeper into the Alphabet Soup 190Broadening Security 218Roads Traveled, Built, and Untraveled 242Chapter 5The American World Order 261The New Deal State at War 261A Global Legacy 278Notes 301Bibliography 351Index 415
- Author BiographyKiran Klaus Patel is the Jean Monnet Professor of European and Global History at Maastricht University in the Netherlands. His books include Soldiers of Labor: Labor Service in Nazi Germany and New Deal America, 1933-1945, and he has edited a number of volumes, including The United States and Germany during the Twentieth Century.
- PrizesJoint winner of 2017 World History Association Jerry Bentley Book Prize 2017.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.98
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £9.21Trending at £12.36
- £9.69Trending at £13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.