Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSouthern music has flourished as a meeting ground for the traditions of West African and European peoples in the region, leading to the evolution of various traditional folk genres, bluegrass, country, jazz, gospel, rock, blues, and southern hip-hop. This volume celebrates this essential element of southern life.
- Author BiographyBILL C. MALONE is professor of history emeritus at Tulane University and author of many books, including Don't Get Above Your Raisin': Country Music and the Southern Working Class. CHARLES REAGAN WILSON is Kelly Gene Cook Sr. Chair in History and professor of southern studies at the University of Mississippi.
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note47 illustrations, 2 maps, bibl., index
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Volume editorBill C. Malone
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.49
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.08
- £31.88Trending at £38.12
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £18.37
- £19.44Trending at £30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.