Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Forest at War documents aspects of the social and military history of this unique area of Britain during the years of the Second World War. The Forest was on the front line of the massive build-up and launch of D-Day in June 1944.
- Author BiographyThe author's interest in the New Forest and its wartime history evolved from a chance meeting with a veteran in Ringwood. The veteran, who had travelled from the USA and was visiting his former wartime airfield at Stoney Cross, told stories of his experiences and how important it was to remember those who never returned. The New Forest at War was John Leete's first book and he has since written several well respected titles on the theme of Britain's Home Front during World War II. He is a Hampshire based Historian and he enjoys collecting and displaying Home Front memorabilia as well as writing about and giving Talks on the subject of wartime Britain.
- Author(s)John Leete
- PublisherSabrestorm Publishing
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationKent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSabrestorm Publishing
- Content Noteb/w photos and illustrations
- Weight495 g
- Width164 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised and Updated ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.