All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike Shetland, Orkney was heavily influenced by Viking traders and raiders from Scandinavia, and for a long period it formed an outlying part of the kingdom of Norway. This guide covers the mysterious islands of Orkney ranging in its breadth from prehistoric settlements to contemporary controversies of oil and, also Scandanavian allegiance.
- Author BiographyWilliam P. L. Thomson is the author of a number of books on Scottish history. He was Rector of Kirkwall Grammar School, in Orkney, from 1971 to 1991, previously having been Principal Teacher of History and Geography at the Anderson High School, Shetland.
- Author(s)William P.L. Thompson
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication27/05/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb/w illustrations throughout
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition StatementReprint
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.49
- £8.47Trending at £14.98
- £15.01Trending at £16.87
- £13.77Trending at £19.98
- £31.44Trending at £52.14
- £11.27Trending at £18.04
- £12.58Trending at £19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.