All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.16
- £23.53Trending at £23.86
- £18.29Trending at £22.03
- £21.69Trending at £22.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
- £22.69Trending at £24.33
- £20.52Trending at £22.49
About this product
- DescriptionMakes the compelling case that the New Negro first emerged long before the Great Migration to the North. The New Negro in the Old South reconstructs the vibrant black community that developed in Nashville after the Civil War, demonstrating how it played a pivotal role in shaping the economic, intellectual, social, and political lives of African Americans in subsequent decades.
- Author BiographyGabriel A. Briggs is a senior lecturer in the English department at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
- Author(s)Gabriel A. Briggs
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleThe American Literatures Initiative
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note13 photographs
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.