Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA clear account of what has been discovered in recent years about quantum theory, its counter-intuitive features - non-locality, indeterminism, intrinsic uncertainty - and what it tells us about the universe. The book also explains how these ideas have led to a new subject of limitless possibilities - quantum information theory.
- Author BiographyAndrew Whitaker lectured at the University of Ulster from 1978-1988 before joining Queen's University Belfast where he is now Professor of Physics. For 25 years his main field of research has been on the Foundations of Quantum Theory, which has developed into the present 'hot topic' of Quantum Information Theory. Whitaker has published around 50 papers on this subject and has numerous publications on the History of Physics and Physics Education.
- Author(s)Andrew Whitaker
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/12/2015
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight610 g
- Width159 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £22.52Trending at £23.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £28.95Trending at £29.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.