All listings for this product
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £17.22Trending at £18.30
- £11.97Trending at £12.76
- £9.64Trending at £10.07
- £15.77Trending at £19.99
- £13.31Trending at £16.99
- £13.34Trending at £19.14
- £16.13Trending at £19.05
About this product
- Author(s)Ch. Perelman,L.Olbrechts- Tyteca
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication28/02/1973
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Width160 mm
- Height250 mm
- Translated byJ. Wilkinson,P. Weaver
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Author BiographyChaim Perelman (1912-1984), a Polish-born philosopher of law, studied, taught, and lived most of his life in Brussels. He became the youngest full professor in the history of the Universite Libre de Bruxelles, where he remained for the rest of his career. He was among the most important argumentation theorists of the twentieth century. The New Rhetoric: A Treatise on Argumentation, written with Lucie Olbrechts-Tyteca in 1958, and translated into English by John Wilkinson and Purcell Weaver in 1969, is his chief work. He is also the author of The Realm of Rhetoric (University of Notre Dame Press, 1982). (L. is for Lucie) L. Olbrechts-Tyteca (1899-1987) was a Belgian academic and longtime co-worker of Chaim Perelman. She volunteered in 1948 to support Perelman's work and developed several aspects of the New Rhetoric independently in later years.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.