All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionRather than focus exclusively on preparing for retirement, this book offers the firsthand accounts of women of retirement age, the real obstacles and changes they face, and how they successfully navigate their retirement years.
- Author BiographyBarbara M. Fleisher, EdD, is a retired professor of education. She is the author of many journal articles and has presented her research at national and international conferences. She has made presentations and conducted many workshops for and about women in their sixties and beyond, and has interviewed hundreds of women about their concerns as they face new challenges in this stage in their lives. Thelma Reese, EdD, retired professor of English and of Education, created the Advisory Council for Hooked on Phonics and was its spokesperson in the '90s. In that role, and as director of the Mayor's Commission on Literacy for the City of Philadelphia, she appeared frequently on television and hosted a cable show in Philadelphia. Together, she and Barbara created and maintain the www.ElderChicks.com blog. She writes the monthly Family column for www.RightsideWire, and she and Barbara appear weekly on the Armstrong Williams show on Sirius Radio as he plumbs the wisdom of the ElderChicks. Dick Goldberg is the national director of Coming of Age, the age fifty-plus civic engagement initiative working in thirty communities. In his previous career as a playwright and screenwriter, among the works he authored was the off-Broadway drama Family Business, which ran in New York for over a year, was produced in regional theatres around the world, and was the basis for his becoming a Guggenheim Fellow.
- Author(s)Barbara M. Fleisher,Thelma Reese
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight522 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byDick Goldberg
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.