The Next Catastrophe: Reducing Our Vulnerabilities to Natural, Industrial, and Terrorist Disasters by Charles Perrow (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £8.78Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by essjays
- Est. delivery by 23 Aug
- £7.01Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on three causes of disaster - natural, organizational, and deliberate - this title shows that our best hope lies in the deconcentration of high-risk populations, corporate power, and critical infrastructures such as electric energy, computer systems, and the chemical and food industries.
- Author BiographyCharles Perrow is professor emeritus of sociology at Yale University. He has worked as a consultant for the U.S. military, the White House, and the nuclear-power industry.
- PrizesShort-listed for Choice's Outstanding Academic Books 2007.
- Author(s)Charles Perrow
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight595 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementWith a New preface by the author
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.75Trending at £10.46
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £10.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.