All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nonreligious provides a comprehensive and empirically-grounded account of what we know about the growing numbers of people who are non-religious.
- Author BiographyPhil Zuckerman is a professor of sociology and the founding chair of the secular studies program at Pitzer College. He is the author of several books, including Living the Secular Life (Penguin, forthcoming), Faith No More: Why People Reject Religion (Oxford, 2011), and Society Without God (NYU, 2008). He teaches courses on secularity, religion, and social theory, and his research focuses on various aspects of secular identity and culture. Luke Galen is a professor of psychology at Grand Valley State University. He teaches in the field of psychology, specializing in the psychology of religion. He is also a co-host of the podcast Reasonable Doubts . His research interests include: Religious and secular social cognition, psychological well-being, morality and prosociality, and the social perception of nonreligious individuals. Frank L. Pasquale is a cultural anthropologist whose research focuses on individual and institutional forms of secularity and the role of the religious-secular construct in the world. His work has appeared in The Oxford Handbook of Atheism (Oxford University Press, 2013), Atheism and Secularity (Praeger, 2010), Secularism and Science in the 21st Century (ISSSC, 2008), Secularity and Secularism (ISSSC, 2007), the Archive for the Psychology of Religion, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Frank L. Pasquale,Luke W. Galen,Phil Zuckerman
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight432 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.