All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA study of a unique Scottish - Norwegian medieval lordship which survived for 600 years. Fully illustrated with many photos of the sites and churches associated with the earls in Orkney and Caithness. Includes maps of the campaigns, genealogical tables and explanatory charts. Suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Scottish history.
- Author BiographyBarbara Crawford was born and brought up in Yorkshire. She read Modern and Medieval History at the University of St Andrews, gaining a PhD in 1971. She was elected Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries (FSA) of Scotland in 1964, FSA in 1973, Member of the Norwegian Academy in 1997 and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh in 2001. In 2011 she was awarded an OBE for services to History and Archaeology.
- Author(s)Barbara E. Crawford
- PublisherJohn Donald Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Donald Short Run Press
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.72
- £25.51Trending at £37.24
- £13.28Trending at £14.40
- £8.50Trending at £10.50
- £19.20Trending at £29.96
- £9.66Trending at £14.94
- £11.79Trending at £16.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.