All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreaking down the methodology from a historical perspective, this book addresses the issues of OEE, discussing both reliability and maintainability and exploring the overall effectiveness of machines.
- Author BiographyD. H. Stamatis, Ph.D., AS QC-Fellow, CQE, CMfgE, MSSBB, ISO 9000 Lead Assessor (graduate), is the president of Contemporary Consultants Co. in Southgate, Michigan. He is a specialist in management consulting, organizational development, and quality science. He has taught project management, operations management, logistics, mathematical modeling, and statistics for both graduate and undergraduate levels at Central Michigan University, the University of Michigan, and Florida Institute of Technology. With over 30 years of experience in management, quality training, and consulting, Dr. Stamatis has served numerous private sector industries in fields including, but not limited to, steel, automotive, general manufacturing, tooling, electronics, plastics, food, pharmaceutical, chemical, printing, healthcare, and medical devices as well as the U.S. Navy and Department of Defense. He has consulted for such companies as Ford Motor Co., Federal Mogul, GKN, Siemens, Bosch, SunMicrosystems, Hewlett-Packard, GM-Hydromatic, Motorola, IBM, Dell, Texas Instruments Sandoz, Dawn Foods, Dow Corning Wright, BP Petroleum, Bronx North Central Hospital, Mill Print, St. Claire Hospital, Tokheim, Jabill, Koyoto, SONY, ICM/Krebsoge, Progressive Insurance, B. F. Goodrich, and ORMET, to name just a few. Dr. Stamatis has created, presented, and implemented quality programs with a focus on total quality management, statistical process control (both normal and short run), design of experiments (both classical and Taguchi), Six Sigma (DMAIC and DFSS), Lean manufacturing/service quality function deployment, failure mode and effects analysis, value engineering, supplier certification, audits, reliability and maintainability, cost of quality, quality planning, ISO 9000, QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, and TE 9000 series. He has also created, presented, and implemented programs on project management, strategic planning, teams, self-directed teams, facilitating, leadership, benchmarking, and customer service. He is a Certified Quality Engineer through the American Society of Quality Control, Certified Manufacturing Engineer through the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Certified Master Black Belt through IABLS, Inc., and a graduate of BSI's ISO 9000 Lead Assessor Training Program. Dr. Stamatis has written over 70 articles, presented many speeches, and has participated in both national and international conferences on quality. He is a contributing author on several books and the sole author of 30 books. His consulting extends across the United States, South East Asia, Japan, China, India, and Europe. In addition, he has performed over 100 automotive-related audits, 25 preassessment ISO 9000 audits, and has helped several companies attain certification, including Rockwell International-Switching Division (ISO 9001), Transamerica Leasing (ISO 9002), and Detroit Electro Plate (QS-9000). Dr. Stamatis received his B.S. and B.A. degrees in marketing from Wayne State University, his master's degree from Central Michigan University, and his Ph.D. degree from Wayne State University in instructional technology and business/statistics. He is an active member of the Detroit Engineering Society, the American Society for Training and Development, an executive member of the American Marketing Association, a member of the American Research Association, and a fellow of the American Society for Quality Control.
- Author(s)D. H. Stamatis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/06/2010
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note132 black & white illustrations
- Weight1065 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £17.99Trending at £26.41
- £5.79Trending at £6.98
- £13.51Trending at £14.35
- £32.27Trending at £33.10
- £20.95Trending at £21.94
- £19.58Trending at £22.49
- £15.73Trending at £20.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.