All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating book for teachers and school leaders who are looking for ways to raise the organizational intelligence quotient (OIQ) of their classrooms and their schools. It is for educators who perceive themselves as the facilitators of learning - for students, for colleagues and for themselves.
- Author BiographyWilliam Powell has served as an international school educator for the past 30 years in the United States, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Malaysia. From 1991 to 1999, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of the International School of Tanganyika in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; and from 2000 - 2006 as Head of the International School of Kuala Lumpur. Ochan Kusuma-Powell received her doctorate from Columbia University and has developed and implemented inclusive special education programs in the USA, Indonesia, Malaysia and Tanzania. She is an associate trainer for the Center for Cognitive Coaching and Adaptive Schools. Bill and Ochan are the co-authors of Count Me In! Developing Inclusive International Schools (2000), Making the Difference: Differentiation in International Schools (2007), Becoming an Emotionally Intelligent Teacher (2010) and How to teach now: Five Keys to Personalized Learning in the Global Classroom (2011). Bill and Ochan are currently working on a project, The Next Frontier: Inclusion to support the inclusion of special needs children in international schools. They are focusing their attention on teacher professional development, school leadership and governance training and serve as consultants for Education Across Frontiers (Bpowell@eduxfrontiers.org). When they are are not facilitating teacher workshops or speaking at conferences, Bill and Ochan can be found in the French Pyrenees where they fight (together with a handful of sheep) an annual battle with the European bramble.
- Author(s)Ochan Kusuma-Powell,William Powell
- PublisherJohn Catt Educational Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWorld Class Schools Series
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Catt Educational Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight337 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.80
- £25.99Trending at £30.88
- £22.57Trending at £23.30
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.