All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatrick Aidan Heelan's The Observable offers the reader a completely articulated development of his 1965 philosophy of quantum physics, Quantum Mechanics and Objectivity.
- Author BiographyPatrick Aidan Heelan (1926-2015), a Jesuit priest, held a PhD. in geophysics and seismology (St. Louis University, 1952) and a PhD. in philosophy (Catholic University Leuven, 1964). He joined Fordham's philosophy department (1965), became chair of philosophy at Stony Brook (1970), served as Georgetown University's Executive Vice President (1992-1995), and taught philosophy (1995-2013). He is author of Quantum Mechanics and Objectivity (1965) and Space-Perception and the Philosophy of Science (1983). Babette Babich is Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University in New York City. She is author of Un politique brise. Le souci d'autrui, l'humanisme, et les juifs chez Heidegger (2015) and The Hallelujah Effect: Philosophical Reflections on Music, Performance Practice, and Technology (2013) in addition to essays and monographs on philosophy of science, politics, ethics, and aesthetics.
- Author(s)Babette Babich,Patrick Aidan Heelan
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleHistory and Philosophy of Science
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.50
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £9.66Trending at £15.00
- £19.44Trending at £28.49
- £9.69Trending at £15.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.