All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the growth of modern science, the 'occult' or 'esoteric' tradition evolved in the West, manifesting itself in such diverse groups as the Freemasons, the Mormons, the Theosophists, and New Ageists. This book describes the growth and meandering path of the occult tradition over the years, and shows how the esoteric world view fits together.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Katz holds the Abraham Horodisch Chair for the History of Books at Tel Aviv University, Israel, where he is also Chair of the Department of History. He took his doctorate at Oxford University, and is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society. His recent books include The Jews in the History of England, 1485-1850 (1994); Messianic Revolution (with Richard H. Popkin, Penguin, 1999); and God's Last Words: Reading the English Bible from the Reformation to Fundamentalism (2004).
- Author(s)David S. Katz
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8pp b/w illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £3.12Trending at £5.98
- £13.77Trending at £19.99
- £19.14Trending at £30.62
- £31.44Trending at £50.88
- £16.47Trending at £25.00
- £9.80Trending at £16.59
- £9.20Trending at £13.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.