Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.36Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.87
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- Author(s)Hendrik van Aken
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Series TitleAtmospheric and Oceanographic Sciences Library
- Series Part/Volume Number39
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note153 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight534 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
- Table Of ContentsThe ocean basins.- Pressure, temperature, salinity, and some thermohaline dynamics.- Water mass and tracer analysis of the deep flow in the Atlantic Ocean.- The deep flow in the Southern, Indian, and Pacific oceans.- The upper branch of the THC.- Formation and descent of water masses.- Dynamics of the THC.- Deep upwelling and mixing.- Energetics of the THC.- Simple models, boundary conditions, and feedbacks.- The THC and different climates.
- Author BiographyDr. Hendrik van Aken has been an observational oceanographer for over 25 years. He mainly deals with regional oceanography. He headed the Dutch contribution ot the WOCE Hydrographic Program (WHP), and is presently active in CLIVAR projects. Dr. Van Aken has done extensive research in the fields of climate hydrographic variability and aspects of the global thermohaline circulation.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.